« previous entry | next entry »
May. 15th, 2010 | 10:01 am
Last night I finished the quilt I've been working on for the past year. (left) It's a 2 1/2" hexagon mosaic pattern, made of bits and pieces of clothing and stray fabric I had lying around. I'd originally intended it for the guest room, but when Dale saw it he liked it so much I decided to give it to him to take on the road. That's why it's got the blood-red backing on it. Dale likes red.
This morning I photographed it, and also took a picture of my first quilt (below), which I'd completed a year ago. Every stitch in each of these quilts is by hand. No machines were used in the sewing of these quilts.
Next up: a baby quilt for my niece.